Clayton County Solicitor-General’s Office
The Office of the Solicitor-General in the Clayton Judicial Circuit has an opening for an Investigator. The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
- Provides criminal investigative support of case-files; prepares witness lists for trial; prepares reports and case summaries; prepares affidavits for subpoena; prepares and presents photographic line-ups; obtains certified copies of criminal convictions on defendants.
- Reviews law enforcement officers’ investigative reports; reviews victim and witness statements; participates in preliminary negotiations with defendants and defense attorneys.
- Interviews victims, witnesses, and law enforcement officers; contacts businesses to obtain evidence.
- Advises prosecutors on appropriate and available investigative techniques and procedures.
- Conducts computer searches for suspects, defendants, and witnesses using automated criminal history databases, and other technology.
- Transports evidence for court proceedings; transports witnesses to and from court proceedings; transports victims to hospital for evidence gathering.
- Testifies in court proceedings; provides counsel to victims and witnesses regarding courtroom procedures and demeanor during their testimony.
- Consults and meets with state crime lab personnel to evaluate test findings and results.
- Assists in duty phone calls and walk-ins.
- Performs public relations tasks; represents the solicitor General’s Office at meetings or other official functions.
- Conducts special and internal investigations at the direction of the Solicitor General; conducts, participates, and advises in wiretaps, secretive and sensitive investigations, and undercover operations.
- Attends monthly investigators’ meetings. Establishes and maintains an effective case file system to manage ongoing criminal investigations.
Minimum Qualifications: must be a citizen of the United States, Associates degree or equivalent 54 semester hours (90 quarter hours); Must be Georgia P.O.S.T. certified peace officer in good standing. Must maintain P.O.S.T. certification and firearms qualification and possess a valid Georgia Driver’s license.
All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
The Clayton Solicitor General’s Office is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Salary Range: $52,201.55
Contact Number: 770-473-5811
Submit resume and cover letter to:
ALL INTEREST APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE VIA THE CLAYTON COUNTY EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE