DeKalb County Solicitor-General’s Office
The DeKalb Solicitor-General’s Office in the Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit has an opening for a Legal Secretary.
The following duties are normal for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Provides clerical support and works directly with Assistant Solicitor Attorneys and Investigators;
• Receives legal documents and requests, such as subpoenas, warrants, motions, discovery to review and record/incorporate with related legal documents and/or compile with related case/file information;
• Researches information to complete legal documents and prepare legal descriptions, agreements, legal drafts, letters, reports, summaries and correspondence;
• Finalizes information/documents upon approval, maintains copies for department file, and submits to appropriate parties;
• Creates and maintains legal files, enters information into department database, updates database, and attends court calendars;
• Performs a variety of administrative duties, including answers phone, greets clients and visitors, and provides assistance.
Minimum Qualifications: must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: Associate degree in Administrative Professional or related field; one year of experience in
providing administrative support in a court or legal setting; or any equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities
for this job.
Specific License or Certification Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s
Salary Range: $36,000-$40,000
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: 770-286-8406
All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check, and pre-employment drug screening. Employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
The Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.