Department of Law
Assistant District Attorney
The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia by providing legal representation of the highest quality to the agencies, officers and employees of state government and by honorably and vigorously carrying out the constitutional and statutory responsibilities of the Attorney General. The Department of Law is organized into the Executive Office, five legal divisions, four specialty units and an operations division. The position filled through this announcement will serve in the Legal section of our Medicaid Fraud Division.
The Assistant Attorney General position will represent the State of Georgia in criminal prosecutions related to fraud committed against the Georgia Medicaid program. The Medicaid Fraud Division has statewide jurisdiction for the investigation and prosecution of related offense. Some travel is excepted. The Medicaid Fraud Division also investigates and prosecutes cases of patient abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Participation as a member of the multidisciplinary team to investigate allegations of fraud against the Georgia Medicaid program;
2. May also investigate allegations of patient abuse, neglect or exploitation;
3. Contribute to joint federal-state investigations including the possible litigation of matters in federal district court.
4. Collaborate with other state and federal law enforcement partners as necessary;
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They may not include all job duties performed by employees on this job title, and every position does not necessarily require these duties.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited law school and Member of the Georgia Bar.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to applicants who possess one or more items below:
1. Attorneys with felony criminal trial experience, with an emphasis on white-collar or similar financial crimes.
2. Demonstrated ability to work in a team is a plus.
Additional Information: A criminal background check is completed on all candidates; employment is also contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of the background investigation. Candidates that are being strongly considered for the position will also be required to submit a Department of Law employment application & waiver, Georgia Department of Revenue Tax Clearance letter and copies of official college transcripts.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All applicants will be considered, but may be screened for the preferred qualifications of the position, and may not necessarily receive an interview. HR reserves the right to close the posting if a suitable candidate is found before the posting expiration date.
Follow link to apply directly to job posting: https://careers.georgia.gov/jobs/assistant-attorney-general-medicaid-fraud-35602
To move forward in the recruiting process ALL External applicants are required to:
• Attach a current Resume
• Cover Letter
• Attach “Department of Law Employment Application” (click link to obtain: http://law.georgia.gov/careers/application-forms)
• Attach two (2) writing samples
• Attach copies of official undergraduate transcripts
• Attach copies of official law school transcripts
• Answer all prescreening questions
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience