Douglas Judicial Circuit
Assistant District Attorney - Juvenile Prosecutor
The Douglas County District Attorney’s Office is currently accepting resumes for an Assistant District Attorney to work as a Juvenile Prosecutor. Job Description, Responsibilities, Standards, and Qualifications:
• Reviews reports submitted by law enforcement to determine whether further investigation is needed; approves or returns cases for more work; researches alternative crimes; reads and researches case law.
• Drafts petitions and indictments; evaluates and researches potential defenses; negotiates pleas to dispose of cases; dismisses cases not prosecutable.
• Develops trial strategy for each case, questions witness, determines appropriate disposition recommendations and attends pre-trial conferences with judges and defense attorneys.
• Subpoenas appropriate witnesses for motions; researches and argues all pretrial and post-trial motions; files motions in appropriate time frame prior to trial. Complies with discovery requirements by copying and mailing documents.
Minimum qualification: All applicants must be a member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia or be in good standing of another state’s bar association that is eligible for reciprocity admittance to the State Bar of Georgia and be admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals. All candidates are subject to a background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
Preferred Qualifications: (open until filled)
• Juvenile Prosecution experience
• Commitment to Youth Development
• Restorative Justice Experience
• Youth Accountability Court Experience
Submit resumes and cover letter to:
Contact Number: 770-920-7292