Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit
The District Attorney’s Office in the Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit has an opening for a Secretary. The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
• Provides clerical support and works directly with Assistant District Attorney’s and Investigators;
• Receives legal documents and requests such as; subpoenas, warrants, motions, discovery to review and record/incorporate with related legal documents and/or compile with related case/file information;
• Researches information to complete legal documents and prepare legal descriptions, agreements, legal drafts, letters, reports, summaries and correspondence;
• Finalizes information/documents upon approval and maintain copies for department file and submits to appropriate parties;
• Creates and maintains legal files; enters information into department database; updates database; attends court calendars;
• Performs a variety of administrative duties; answers phone, greets clients and visitors, provides assistance.
•Open, create and maintain physical and database files; enter and updates case information into Tracker, a prosecution based case management system
• Receive legal documents such as warrants, motions, petitions; review and process said documents to corresponding case files, Tracker and appropriate staff
• Prepares correspondence, motions, orders and other necessary documents for review and approval by Assistant District Attorneys
• File original legal documents with the appropriate agency, maintains copies of legal documents for office files and distributes copies to appropriate parties
• Prepare calendars and files for court hearings; distribute court calendars to necessary court personnel
• Prepare necessary orders and coordinate with local law enforcement, the Georgia Department of Corrections, and other detention facilities to ensure the presence of inmates for court appearances
• Attend court hearings and provide support to Assistant District Attorneys during court hearings.
Minimum Qualifications: must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent. All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
Resumes may be submitted by mail, fax or email to Amy Brown, Office Manager, P. O. Box 1025, LaFayette, GA 30728; Fax 706-638-4821; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.