Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit
The Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a circuit paid Administrative Assistant. The administrative assistant provides administrative support for and works directly with Assistant District Attorneys in preparing and processing criminal cases through the criminal justice system.
The administrative assistant provides a variety of administrative duties that include but are not limited to answering phones, greeting visitors to the office and assisting the public. The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
• Open, create and maintain physical and database files; enter and updates case information into Tracker, a prosecution based case management system
• Receive legal documents such as warrants, motions, petitions; review and process said documents to corresponding case files, Tracker and appropriate staff
• Prepares correspondence, motions, orders and other necessary documents for review and approval by Assistant District Attorneys
• File original legal documents with the appropriate agency, maintains copies of legal documents for office files and distributes copies to appropriate parties
• Prepare calendars and files for court hearings; distribute court calendars to necessary court personnel
• Prepare necessary orders and coordinate with local law enforcement, the Georgia Department of Corrections, and other detention facilities to ensure the presence of inmates for court appearances
• Attend court hearings and provide support to Assistant District Attorneys during court hearings
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants should be at least 18 years of age and have, at a minimum, a high school diploma (or equivalent), possess good communication skills, and have some knowledge of the criminal justice system. Prior work experience in a criminal justice agency or legal field is preferred.
All applicants are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening. This position is subject to employment verification using the Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify System.
The Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Resumes may be submitted by mail or email to Amy Brown, Office Manager, P. O. Box 1025, LaFayette, GA 30728; email: email@example.com.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and based on state pay scale
Contact Number: 706-638-2121
Submit resume and cover letter to: