Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit
Assistant District Attorney
The Office of the District Attorney-Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit is seeking an Assistant District Attorney who has a passion to work with our youth, crime victims and their families at the DeKalb County Juvenile Court.
A Juvenile Court Assistant District Attorney will be responsible for prosecuting all Juvenile cases occurring in DeKalb County. Some of the duties would include:
- reviewing reports submitted by law enforcement to determine whether further investigation is needed; researching alternative crimes;
- reading and researching case law;
- drafting juvenile petitions;
- evaluating and researching potential defenses;
- negotiating pleas to dispose of cases;
- making decisions on whether to prosecute or dismiss a case;
- develop and execute trial strategy for each case;
- question witnesses;
- determine appropriate sentence recommendations;
- call arraignment calendars;
- determine who to subpoena for trial and motions;
- research and argue all pretrial and post-trial motions;
- file motions in the appropriate time frame prior to court; and
- comply with Discovery demands.
Minimum qualifications: All applicants must be a member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia or be in good standing of another state’s bar association that is eligible for reciprocity admittance to the State Bar of Georgia; and be admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals. All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
Preferred Qualifications: Passionate and committed to the youth of DeKalb County; Familiar with the Official Code of Georgia Criminal Manual and the Juvenile Code; Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
The Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
All interested candidates can send their cover letter and resume, by email to A’Sheika L. Penn, Deputy Chief, Juvenile Court Division at email@example.com.