Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit
The DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office (DKDA) is currently accepting resumes for an Intelligence Analyst to support both its Homicide and Gangs and Crime Strategies and Community Partnerships Units. Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• collecting, investigating, analyzing, and processing law enforcement data, police reports, and other information and databases to produce a complete data model of crime and prosecution trends by identifying current crime drivers and hotspot locations in DeKalb County;
• assisting in developing and implementing intelligence-driven prosecution strategies focusing on priority offenders and locations;
• documenting processes and coordinating with law enforcement agencies to develop procedures to improve data handling and quality control of data used;
• establishing and maintaining working relationships with law enforcement analysts to promote information sharing;
• coordinating and managing the entry of law enforcement data into the DKDA records management system;
• developing and maintaining various processes and databases to store data and developing the tools and documentation needed to allow for increased efficiency with future analyses, replication, iteration, and automation;
• compiling, merging, and managing the following: criminal justice, socioeconomic, demographic, and geographic data for complex statistical and predictive analyses;
• conducting geographic information systems (GIS) analyses to generate crime maps and perform spatial analyses of hot spots and crime drivers;
• preparing written reports, presentations, and detailed statistical reports, including charts, graphs and exhibits;
• engaging on research projects and helping to formulate and engage in specific research questions, including providing data-driven recommendations to complex legal and policy questions;
• studying current literature on research methodology and law enforcement issues;
• making appropriate recommendations for improvements in crime analysis and data-driven prosecution practices;
• collecting and documenting information on people of interest and related gangs through social media investigation (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.); and
• other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, or ability; must possess a minimum one (1) year full-time equivalent experience performing professional-level analytical work; relevant Crime Analysis or Crime Intelligence certification preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate must possess a strong skill set in Microsoft products including Windows OS, Office products, Office development experience (templates, VB/VBA, etc.); IBM i2 iBase; advanced spreadsheet experience (pivot tables, etc.); high level of proficiency with GIS systems; strong data mapping skills; skilled in designing logical and physical data models using industry standard tools; experience in using data quality tools; knowledge of meta-data concepts; comprehensive understanding of SharePoint, web design and implementation, as well as, a deep understanding of SharePoint technologies including Web Part and site development, administration, and document management; knowledge and familiarity of SQL; ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with team members, community organizations and partners, and police and law enforcement agencies to build institutional relationships; ability to communicate investigative results to other team members and to testify in court regarding investigative results; superior organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills are essential; a proven ability to prioritize work in a team and independently, as well as, the ability to handle multiple complex tasks and projects simultaneously, manage deadlines, and respond to emergent requests is a must; experience in the criminal justice system is strongly preferred; an understanding of general practices related to legal records management, data protection, and privacy/confidentiality is also preferred.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Contact Number: 404-371-2976
Submit resume and cover letter to: