Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit
Senior Assistant District Attorney - Homicide and Gangs Unit
The DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office (DKDA) is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Assistant District Attorney to work in its Homicide and Gangs Unit. The Homicide and Gangs Unit is responsible for investigating and trying homicides and complex gang and armed robbery cases in the Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit. Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working closely with homicide detectives to investigate and strengthen homicide cases in DeKalb County
• Locating and interviewing pertinent civilian witnesses and maintaining relationships with those witnesses throughout the duration of the case
• Traveling to crime scenes, evaluating physical evidence, and working closely with Crime Scene Investigators and Forensic Analysts
• Drafting memoranda concerning charging decisions, drafting indictments, and presenting cases to the Grand Jury
• Trying homicide, complex gang, and complex armed robbery cases
• Advising and assisting local and federal law enforcement partners on various legal issues and initiatives
Preferred Qualifications: Qualifications/Requirements
The ideal candidate must be a licensed member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia; must possess substantial prosecutorial experience in Georgia, and extensive jury trial experience; must be able to multitask and work under occasionally stressful time constraints; must have the ability to work independently; and must be able to work closely with local and federal law enforcement agencies.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written; must be detail-oriented; strong organizational and interpersonal skills are a must; must be able to work well in a team environment; must demonstrate a strong sense of personal responsibility and leadership skills, as well as a commitment to serving the community and working with the public.
Employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of a criminal background check.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and references by June 16, 2023 to: Yolanda Lippert, Deputy Chief ADA, Homicide and Gangs Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary Range: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Submit resume and cover letter to: