Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit
The DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office is currently accepting resumes for an Administrative Assistant for its Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) Division. UIFSA Division goes to court to enforce child support obligations. We are looking for a dynamic, legal administrative assistant who will be responsible for various administrative and clerical tasks. You will work under the supervision of an attorney(s). The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management to guarantee reliability and consistency.
Essential Functions, including but not limited to:
To ensure that cases are ready to be handled in court by the attorney.
- Provides a variety of legal secretarial duties for UIFSA cases, including: e-filing, sheriff service, drafting and mailing correspondence, and other administrative duties.
- Types and processes legal documents, to include Notice of Hearings, letters and emails to parties, attorneys, and court staff, process sheriff service, actions and correspondence for review by the legal staff.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with attorneys, case managers and support staff and maintains an open line of communication with Judge’s staff and court staff.
The ideal candidate must possess an Associate degree in Administrative Professional or related field; three years of experience in providing administrative support in a court or legal setting, preferably paralegal or legal secretary experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Additionally, experience working with attorneys is preferred. The position requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Power Point. Ability to work with legal technology. Outstanding time management and typing skills.
It’s all in the details! The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Must be detail oriented and maintain the ability to follow tasks and directions;
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written;
- Proof reading skills to include grammar, punctuation and substantive content review;
- Ability to draft professional and official correspondence;
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving ability;
- Quality customer service experience and proficiency;
- Strong organizational skills are a must, and experience with the DCSS STARS database is a plus;
- Interpersonal skills are necessary, and must be able to work well in a team environment, with attorneys and other colleagues, while at the same time having the ability to work independently;
- Ability to multi-task, meet time sensitive deadlines, handle a high volume of work assignments with dedication to produce quality work product;
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of personal responsibility and take initiative and pride in the work produced; and,
- A commitment to serving the community and working with the public.
Employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of a criminal background check.
Interested candidates should email a resumé, cover letter, by June 23, 2023, to: Kamilah Miller, Director of UIFSA, DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office, email@example.com .
Salary Range: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
The DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities