Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit
Senior Assistant District Attorney - Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Unit
The DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office (DKDA) is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Assistant District Attorney to work in its Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault (DV/SA) Unit.
The DV/SA Unit is responsible for investigating and trying domestic violence and adult sexual assault cases (including domestic violence homicides) in the Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit. Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working closely with detectives to investigate and strengthen domestic violence and sexual assault cases in DeKalb County
• Reviewing case files and ensuring that all relevant evidence has been secured, properly documented, and organized for efficient disposition of the investigation or prosecution
• Reviewing backlogged cases and preparing cases for indictment or final disposition
• Locating and interviewing pertinent civilian witnesses and maintaining relationships with those witnesses throughout the duration of the case
• Traveling to crime scenes, evaluating physical evidence, and working closely with Crime Scene Investigators and Forensic Analysts
• Drafting memoranda concerning charging decisions, drafting indictments, and presenting cases to the Grand Jury
• Trying domestic violence homicide, domestic violence, and adult sexual assault cases
• Advising and assisting local and federal law enforcement partners on various legal issues and initiatives through direct case assistance and broader training initiatives
• Reporting to the DV/SA Deputy Chief
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements: The ideal candidate must be a licensed member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia; must possess substantial prosecutorial experience in Georgia and extensive jury trial experience.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written; must be detail-oriented; strong organizational and interpersonal skills are a must; must be able to work well in a team environment; must demonstrate a strong sense of personal responsibility and leadership skills, as well as a commitment to serving the community and working with the public; must be able to multitask and work under occasionally stressful time constraints; must have the ability to work independently; and must be able to work closely with local and federal law enforcement agencies.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Contact Number: (404)371-2317
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org