Western Judicial Circuit
Chief Assistant District Attorney
The District Attorney’s Office in the Western Judicial Circuit has an opening for a Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney. Our office is led by a progressive prosecutor who is part of the movement to create a safer and more thriving community through reform and evidence-based prosecutorial strategies. So if you are ready for a change and to go to the next level in your career, join us and help us create a more fair and just future. We are located in a vibrant community with big city amenities and small town sensibilities.
The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
* Supervises ADA trial team of about 10 ADAs.
* Provides hands-on advisement for junior ADAs
* Assists Chief ADA in setting and implementing policy
• Reviews reports submitted by law enforcement to determine whether further investigation is needed; approves or returns cases for more work; researches alternative crimes; reads and researches case law.
• Drafts accusations and indictments; evaluates and researches potential defenses; negotiates pleas to dispose of cases; dismisses cases not prosecutable.
• Develops trial strategy for each case, presents cases to grand jury; questions witnesses; answers juror’s questions; determines appropriate sentence recommendations; calls arraignment calendars; attends pre-trial conferences with judge and defense attorneys.
• Subpoenas appropriate witnesses for motions; researches and argues all pretrial and post-trial motions; files motions in appropriate time frame prior to trial. Complies with discovery requirements by copying and mailing documents.
Minimum qualifications: All applicants must be a member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia or be in good standing of another state’s bar association that is eligible for reciprocity admittance to the State Bar of Georgia; and be admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals. All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
The Western Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Preferred Qualifications: 3 + years prosecution experience and 2 + years supervision experience
Salary Range: State Pay + County Supplements
Submit resume and cover letter to: