Upcoming Training Events
2019 Prosecuting the Drugged Driver
The Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council of Georgia is pleased to offer 2019 Prosecuting the Drugged Driver training on Wednesday, March 20 to Friday, March 22, 2019. The training will be held at the Brasstown Valley Lodge located at 6321 US 76 Young Harris, GA. Training will begin at 8:00 AM on Wednesday and conclude at 12:00 PM on Friday. 14 hours of CLE and/or P.O.S.T. credits will be offered for this course and it is open to Prosecutors, Investigators and Law Enforcement officers.
Individuals who are accepted into the course will be notified via email.
TRAINING SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- The Drug Evaluation and Classification Program
- An Overview of Drugged Driving
- Direct Examination of Toxicologists
- Bringing the DRE and the Toxicologist Together
- Charging Decisions in Drugged Driving Cases
- Drug Impairment Evidence Under Georgia Law
- Presenting a Powerful Direct Examination with Help from a DRE
- Cross-Examination of DRE’s
- Common Challenges and Defenses in Drugged Driving Cases
- Defense Experts in Drugged Driving
- The Cutting Edge of Drug-Impaired Driving
This course is FREE to attend and lodging costs are covered.