Upcoming Training Events
2020 Prosecuting the Drugged Driver
The Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council of Georgia is pleased to offer 2020 Prosecuting the Drugged Driver training on Wednesday, September 9 to Friday, September 11, 2020. The training will be held at the Brasstown Lodge, located at 6321 US-76 Young Harris, Georgia. Training will begin at 8:00 AM on Wednesday and conclude at 12:00 PM on Friday. 12 hours of CLE and/or P.O.S.T. credits will be offered for this course and it is open to Prosecutors, Investigators and Law Enforcement officers. There is no fee to attending this Training and lodging is covered.
TRAINING SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- The Drug Evaluation and Classification Program
- An Overview of Drugged Driving
- Direct Examination of Toxicologists
- Prescription Drugs that Impair
- Charging Decisions in Drugged Driving Cases
- Drug Impairment Evidence Under Georgia Law
- Presenting a Powerful Direct Examination with Help from a DRE
- Cross-Examination of DRE’s
- Common Challenges and Defenses in Drugged Driving Cases
- Defense Experts in Drugged Driving
Registration for this event has been closed. To be placed on a waiting list, please contact the Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.