Upcoming Training Events
Asset Forfeiture Training (Law Enforcement Edition) – Webinar
The Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council of Georgia invites law enforcement and prosecutors to attend Asset Forfeiture training. This webinar training will be hosted live via Zoom.
The training will be geared towards law enforcement, but prosecutors are invited to attend as well.
Asset Forfeiture for Law Enforcement
August 11, 2021 from 9AM to 12PM
Live Webinar via Zoom!
Nuts and Bolts of Asset Forfeiture
On April 2, 2015, the General Assembly passed HB 233, the Uniform Civil Forfeiture Procedure Act, which applies to Drug Forfeiture, but forfeitures of any kind, including RICO and gambling. HB 233 provides many changes in the manner in which assets are to be seized and forfeited. It also provides many changes in which forfeited assets are to be distributed, used and reported on an annual basis.
Topics specifically covered during this training include:
- The Purposes of Asset Forfeiture
- What can and can’t be Seized
- The Procedures Required to Pursue Asset Forfeiture
- The Distribution of Forfeited Assets
- The Lawful Purposes to which Forfeited Assets may be used
- The Reporting Requirements for Law Enforcement and District Attorneys