Clayton Judicial Circuit
Assistant District Attorney-Appellate Unit
The District Attorney’s Office in the Clayton Judicial Circuit has an opening for an Appellate Assistant District Attorney. The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
• Reads and researches case law.
• Researches and argues post-trial motions.
• Researches and prepares pleadings, motions and briefs.
• Conducts research on pertinent legal issues; keeps abreast of recent legal developments.
• Provides legal guidance and advice to trial attorneys.
• Attends continuing legal education seminars.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
All applicants must be a member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia or be in good standing of another state’s bar association that is eligible for reciprocity admittance to the State Bar of Georgia; and be admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals. All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
The Clayton Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Submit resume and cover letter to: