The Training Division supports 110 District Attorney and Solicitor-General offices as well as law enforcement professionals throughout the State of Georgia with general and topic-specific education to earn and maintain mandatory continuing education credits. Our vision is to provide the best in-person and virtual class programming and, most importantly, create valuable and relevant education for those who serve victims in Georgia.
In 2021 alone, the Division issued around 34,751 CLE and POST certification credits, trained more than 11,500 prosecutors, law enforcement, victim advocates, investigators, and office administrators and produced more than 175 training opportunities. This comes to life through our speakers, trainers, and partners who share and volunteer their experience and expertise with the prosecution and law enforcement community members. Here is a snapshot of the curriculum you’ll experience at PAC:
- Fundamentals into Prosecution, Basic Litigation Boot Camp, and Mini Basic (new prosecutors)
- Gang Cases: From the Crime Scene to the Courtroom
- Advanced Murder Conference and Murder 101
- Elder Abuse and Juvenile Training
- Animal Crimes and Family Violence Training
- Joint Law Enforcement & Prosecutor Impaired Driver Training and ARIDE for Prosecutors
- Lethal Weapon and From Stop to State Court
- Victim Witness Assistance Program (VWAP) Conference and Court School for Advocates
- Leadership and What You Do Matters
As you can see, the curriculum is diverse yet focused on specific challenges Georgia prosecutors and law enforcement face in the courtroom and in the field. The Division adds new topics, conferences, and trainings every day and provides different ways to learn either through attending conferences, one-day and two-day trainings, or webinars.
Here is the small but mighty team who pull training together:
- Kelli Baxter, Director
- Kelly Bruce, Operations Manager
- Rachel Edwards, Training Specialist
- Sallie Nowell, Training Specialist
- Paige Sullivan, Administrative Assistant
- Tommy Grier, Traffic Safety Resource Investigator
At any time, if you have questions or would like to make speaker or topic suggestions, you can send an email to us or continue to visit the website. It’s an honor and privilege to serve Georgia and the prosecution and law enforcement communities through training and development.