The Training Division supports 110 District Attorney, Solicitor–General offices and law enforcement throughout the State of Georgia with general and topic-specific education to earn and maintain mandatory continuing education. Our vision is to provide best-in-class programming and, most importantly, create valuable and relevant education for those who serve victims in Georgia.
In 2018 alone, the Division issued around 20,000 CLE and POST certification credits, trained more than 6,000 prosecutors, law enforcement, victim advocates, investigators and office administrators and produced more than 150 training opportunities. This comes to life through our speakers, trainers and partners who share and volunteer their experience and expertise with the prosecution and law enforcement community members. Here is a snapshot of the curriculum you’ll experience at PAC:
- Train-the-Trainer (seasoned prosecutors)
- Fundamentals into Prosecution and Basic Litigation (new prosecutors)
- Advanced Gang Conference
- Advanced Crimes Against Children and Elder Abuse Conference
- Sexual Assault Conference and Family Violence Training
- Joint Law Enforcement & Prosecutor DUI Training and Joint Law Enforcement & Prosecutor Drug Impaired Driving Training
- Advanced Murder Conference and Murder 101
- Victim Witness Assistance Program Conference
- One-Day Investigator Training
As you can see, the curriculum is diverse yet focused on specific challenges Georgia prosecutors and law enforcement face in the courtroom and in the field. The Division adds new topics, conferences and trainings every day and provides different ways to learn either through attending a three-day conference, one-day course or via webinars.
Here is the small but mighty team who pull training together:
- Kelli Baxter, Director, email@example.com, 770.282.6289
- Kelly Bruce, Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770.282.6298
- Rachel Edwards, Training Officer, email@example.com, 770.282.6351
- Sallie Nowell, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770.282.6300
At any time, if you have questions or would like to make speaker or topic suggestions, you can send an email to email@example.com or continue to visit the website. It’s an honor and privilege to serve Georgia and the prosecution and law enforcement communities through training and development.