DeKalb County Solicitor-General’s Office
The DeKalb County Solicitor-General’s Office in the Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit has an opening for 2 Legal Secretary positions. The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
• Provides clerical support and works directly with Assistant Solicitor-General’s and Investigators;
• Receives legal documents and requests such as; subpoenas, warrants, motions, discovery to review and record/incorporate with related legal documents and/or compile with related case/file information;
• Researches information to complete legal documents and prepare legal descriptions, agreements, legal drafts, letters, reports, summaries and correspondence;
• Finalizes information/documents upon approval and maintain copies for department file and submits to appropriate parties;
• Creates and maintains legal files; enters information into department database; updates database; attends court calendars;
• Performs a variety of administrative duties; answers phone, greets clients and visitors, provides assistance.
Minimum Qualifications: must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent. All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
The DeKalb County Solicitor-General’s Office is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary Range: $40K-$50K annual
Contact Number: 770-286-8406
Submit resume and cover letter to: