Georgia Department of Law
Section Chief - Gang Prosecution Unit
The Attorney General of Georgia is seeking an experienced prosecutor to lead Georgia’s new statewide Gang Prosecution Unit. The Unit will consist of eight lawyers dedicated to gang prosecution across the State of Georgia. The Section Chief will work with the Prosecution Division Deputy Attorney General and other staff to develop and implement a new section within the Prosecution Division dedicated to investigating and prosecuting Gang Activity.
The Section Chief Duties will include:
– Build out, organize, and lead the statewide Gang Prosecution Unit.
– Prosecute serious gang crimes across the State from investigation through trial. This includes, but is not limited to, directing investigations, drafting indictments, filing and litigating motions, examining witnesses, and sitting as lead counsel at trial.
– Supervise, work with, and conduct ongoing training of Gang Prosecution Unit prosecutors and administrative staff.
– Partner with state agencies, local and federal prosecutors, and law enforcement on gang investigations, identifying gang members, and prosecuting gang crimes.
– Coordinate and conduct gang training for law enforcement and related agencies.
-Review and coordinate search warrants, arrest warrants, and subpoenas for records.
– Work with the White Collar Section and the Human Trafficking Section on cases involving overlapping elements.
– Where applicable, informs the Deputy of significant legal and policy matters handled by the section and as appropriate communicates with other section chiefs within the Division.
– Provides feedback to the Deputy or Chief Deputy Attorney General on the performance and/or attendance of section personnel as needed and for the purposes of yearly feedback sessions.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to applicants who possess one or more items below:
Five (5) or more years of litigation or prosecution experience
Two (2) or more years of experience in gang related prosecution
Two (2) years supervisory authority
Interested candidates should submit their application through this link: