Paulding County Solicitor-General’s Office
The newly created Paulding County Solicitor- General’s Office goes live on 7/1/22. We are looking for individuals who are interested in being a part of history for this great and quickly growing county. Assistant Solicitors are needed to represent the State at all stages of legal proceedings.
The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
- initial case evaluation;
- reviewing case files;
- analyzing facts and evidence;
- reviewing criminal and driving histories;
- preparing charges and discovery;
- requesting and inspecting evidence and records;
- preparing graphics and exhibits for court;
- identifying and interviewing witnesses;
- observing crime scenes;
- anticipating legal issues;
- development of case strategies;
- making announcements in court;
- arraigning cases as needed;
- arguing motions and trying cases
Minimum Qualifications: Juris Doctorate required. All applicants must be a member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia and have a valid driver’s license. Must have adequate oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with the public, Judges, the defense bar, law enforcement and various court personnel.
The Solicitor-General’s Office is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Contact Number: 678-981-4371
Submit resume and cover letter to: