Rome Judicial Circuit
The District Attorney’s Office in the Rome Judicial Circuit has an opening for a County paid Investigator. The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
• Reviews criminal cases for arraignment; arraignment with ADA and provides documentation (discovery material) to the defendant or his attorney before trial as required by GA law. Prepares or completes various forms, reports, and correspondence.
• Coordinates case presentation order and assists District Attorney during presentations at Grand Jury hearings.
• Interviews all civilian arrest warrant cases to evaluate the validity of the charges; provides recommendations to the Chief District Attorney to either dismiss or approve civilian arrest warrant cases.
• Locates, subpoenas, and secures hospital records, Health Department records, banking records, or other documentation for use in assessment of criminal charges and for prosecution at trial.
• Provides case reviews and investigation for Victim Witness Office.
• Assists ADAs in reviewing case files, makes copies, and provides exculpatory material as defined by law to defense attorneys at least ten days prior to trial, to include copies of accusations, indictments, witness lists, portions of case reports, victim and witness statements, in custody defendant statements, defendant criminal/driver histories, and sentence recommendations.
• Assists ADA in preparing criminal cases for trial, including jury selection. Assists ADA during probation revocation hearings.
• Coordinates meeting with victims, witnesses, victims’ families, and Assistant District Attorneys. Acts as liaison with the general public, local or out-of-town law enforcement agencies, medical personnel and defense attorneys.
• Coordinates requests with E-911 center to obtain recordings for use in trial. Reviews video, audio, and transcripts with witnesses, defendants, and defense attorneys as required by law prior to trial.
• Runs criminal and driver histories. Must obtain and maintain certification to be a GCIC terminal operator that accesses the CJIS network.
• Locates witnesses and serves subpoenas to secures the attendance of witnesses at hearings and trials.
• Initiates investigations of criminal activity. Conducts thorough and impartial investigations to gather evidence used in the apprehension, indictment, prosecution and conviction of law violators.
•Works with other law enforcement agencies during investigations
Minimum Qualifications: must be a citizen of the United States, have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent and not have been convicted by any state or by federal government of any crime. Supplemented by two (2) years previous experience and/ or training involving law enforcement, legal work, and investigation or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Must possess and maintain valid GA. P.O.S.T certification as a Georgia peace Officer. Must obtain or possess valid NCIC/GCIC Terminal Operator certification or obtain one upon being hired.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience as a Detective or with a Criminal Investigative Division.Applicants must also demonstrate efficiency with a firearm and possess a valid Georgia Driver’s license.
All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
The Rome Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Long Term Disability
Paid Vacation- Annually
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic
Salary Range: $43,600 to $69,760
Contact Number: 706-291-5210
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Mailing Address: Office of the District Attorney
3 Govt Plaza Suite 108
Rome, Georgia 30161