Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit
Administrative Assistant - UIFSA Division
The DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office is currently accepting resumes for an Administrative Assistant for its Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) Division. UIFSA prosecutes establishment and enforcement interstate child support cases. Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of legal clerical duties. Types and processes legal documents, actions and correspondence for review by the legal staff. Maintains a positive working relationship with attorneys, case managers and support staff. Maintains an open line of communication with Judge’s staff.
- Provides a variety of secretarial duties for both Initiating and Responding UIFSA cases, including: e-file all required court documents; prepare court calendars and forward to the office/judges staff within the required timeframes; updates court tracking screen to include file date, and sheriff service screens per RPI SOP timeframes; prepare and mail hearing notices; process acknowledgments; update calendar information as provided by the judges staff; updates and monitors all administrative logs to include sheriff service and orders; monitor establishment appointment cases; process LEPSI requests, makes daily court runs as needed.
- Complete templates for case correspondence as needed: Fill in templates for Motions for Contempt, Notice of Dismissals and other documents upon request; prepare and monitor Sheriff Service forms and Process Server forms within required RPI SOP timeframes; proof orders and other related duties as assigned.
- Performs various office-related administrative tasks, including: creating files from referrals received from other DHS offices; mailing correspondence to custodial parents and non-custodial parents; and, other administrative duties as needed.
- Further, will assist in managing caseload documentation according to established procedures including: documenting and coding computer records and case files to reflect the most current client information in a timely manner and in accordance with agency guidelines, as measured by supervisory case reviews; organizing and arranging files in the prescribed format to ensure that they can be easily retrieved by other staff; submitting all reports by the requested time; and, maintaining confidentiality of information and records as required.
- Maintain knowledge of current policies, procedures, and developments received from trainings and conferences and apply the training to the performance of assigned responsibilities, by: attending relevant training seminars as permitted by workload and budget constraints; reading appropriate professional literature regularly; reviewing online manuals, training materials and resources for up to date policies and procedures; retaining information provided through internal and external trainings; and, making recommendations for any related organizational change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written; proof reading skills to include grammar, punctuation and substantive content review; critical thinking skills; problem solving ability; customer service experience and proficiency; ability to handle a variety of responsibilities; strong organizational skills are a must, and experience with the DCSS STARS database is a plus; interpersonal skills are necessary, and must be able to work well in a team environment, while at the same time having the ability to work independently; ability meet time deadlines with dedication to produce quality work product; must demonstrate a strong sense of personal responsibility; and a commitment to serving the community and working with the public.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate must possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree. Administrative or secretarial experience preferred. The position requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Power Point. Additionally, must be able to type 40 wpm and be able to multitask and work with a high volume of files under time constraints.
Salary Range: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter by Friday, March 15, 2019, to: Kamilah Miller, Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney, UIFSA Division, email@example.com