Cherokee Judicial Circuit
The District Attorney’s Office in the Cherokee Judicial Circuit has an opening for an Investigator. The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
Conducts thorough and impartial investigations to gather evidence used in the apprehension, indictment, prosecution and conviction of law violators.
Works with other law enforcement agencies during investigations; locating & subpoenaing victims/witnesses, completing cases as appropriate; and participating in high risk assignments, including raids, arrests and undercover work.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years experience or service.
- Must be a citizen of the United States, and not have been convicted by any state or by federal government of any crime.
- Must be a current P.O.S.T. certified Georgia Peace Officer or within 12 months of initial employment or appointment as a peace officer, satisfactorily complete the basic course as established in accordance with the
rules of the GA P.O.S.T. Council
- Must demonstrate efficiency with a firearm and possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License
Guidelines include the District Attorney’s Office Policies and Procedures Manual, the Georgia Law Enforcement Handbook, Peace Officer Standards and Training Council rules and regulations, Georgia Crime Information
Center rules and regulations, and open records laws. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
All candidates are subject to a background check. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening; employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
The Cherokee Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary Range: $17.99 Hourly – depending on qualifications
Contact Number: 706-506-0601
Submit resume and cover letter to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org